Monday, May 23, 2005

Travelling to Inverness

We arrived in Inverness today around 1pm today after a ~4 hour train ride…After dropping our bags off at the B&B we wandered into the city for lunch and to see what could be seen. I had a delicious gammon (ham) steak for lunch with some okay brushetta-like bread stuff as an appetizer. I really do think that I’m a brushetta snob these days; Randy should never have taught me how to make the stuff.

We wandered around for a little bit, but generally didn’t find much to do; it being a Sunday afternoon most places were closed, or closing by the time we got into town. Case in point the laundermat that doubles as an Internet café that closed at 4pm…so my e-mailing back home was delayed yet another day.

We’re doing an 8 hour bus tour up to the Isle of Sky tomorrow, so I think I’ll be heading to bed shortly. I’ve been reading “Hope in the Dark” by Rebecca Solnit; I think I’m going to suggest that all the OSA members interested in activism read it over the summer - it’s short (only 150 pages), but very poignant.

That’s me for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home