Night on the Town
So I was writing my lengthy Dublin + entrance into DC entry...and then Kate (friend from back home who's finishing up a 3 month stint working in Senator Smith's office) calls me back to say that Sarah (another friend) is in town but leaving tomorrow morning and was wondering if I wanted to hang out with them for a while...So I hopped on the metro and headed back towards the center of it all. We walked around the capital dome area, so I got to see both the Capital and the Supreme Court lite by spotlights with the occassional burst of lighting in the background (we're kinda in the middle of a rolling thunderstorm right now). We walked around that area and just chatted about things, friends back home, summer and future jobs, politics, you know...stuff - it was a lot of fun. Kate's leaving next Wednesday - she's starting a consulting job in NYC, but we're going to try to coordinate a tour of the Capital at some point this week and maybe get together over the weekend too. Should be fun - it'll be nice to get an intro to the area from someone who's been here a while. Also has me thinking that interning in the Capital right after Olin might be a worthwhile experience...I should look into that...
But now I must retire and attempt to still be alert tomorrow as it's only my second day on the job :-). I'll try to get caught up on the traveling/arriving entries tomorrow night.
But now I must retire and attempt to still be alert tomorrow as it's only my second day on the job :-). I'll try to get caught up on the traveling/arriving entries tomorrow night.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home