Onward to DC...
I'm pretty tired today (Tuesday), so this will be a short little retroactive postiing of history.
The trip back to the states was reasonably nice. Oh and by the way in case you were wondering, you are not allowed to bring a catapault on a plane flying from Dublin. I kind you not, it actually listed catapault on the items not allowed in your carry-on...
In an incredibly interesting twist of fate, I sat next to a women who was just coming back to the states after working on a USAID project near Bangalore India that involved water management, so I was able to pick the brain of someone who's been in the International Development field for more than 5 years. Her name is Smita and she works part-time for a little DC-based company called Development and Training Services. She does most of her work remotely (alternating her physical location between her fiancee's place in North Carolina, her family in Vermont (formerly of Boston), and friends in DC). So we definitely had an interesting conversation on her views on the International Development field - a very serendipitous setting assignment, my thanks to KLM and Northwest for the opportunity. Snagged her e-mail, so I guess I've made my first networking contact in the International Development field...
In other news, I finished 7 Habits sitting in Boston waiting for my shuttle to DC. I started Friedman's new book, The World Is Flat, but I didn't get very far in it so far - I think I want a short break from serious reading.
Got into DC at around 9pm and took the Metro to the stop nearest our apartment/house where Sa'am was kindly waiting for me to help with bags. After some cursory e-mail checking and such using Sa'am's computer (since I didn't have the wireless configured on mine), I collapsed on the couch for a much desired rest.
The trip back to the states was reasonably nice. Oh and by the way in case you were wondering, you are not allowed to bring a catapault on a plane flying from Dublin. I kind you not, it actually listed catapault on the items not allowed in your carry-on...
In an incredibly interesting twist of fate, I sat next to a women who was just coming back to the states after working on a USAID project near Bangalore India that involved water management, so I was able to pick the brain of someone who's been in the International Development field for more than 5 years. Her name is Smita and she works part-time for a little DC-based company called Development and Training Services. She does most of her work remotely (alternating her physical location between her fiancee's place in North Carolina, her family in Vermont (formerly of Boston), and friends in DC). So we definitely had an interesting conversation on her views on the International Development field - a very serendipitous setting assignment, my thanks to KLM and Northwest for the opportunity. Snagged her e-mail, so I guess I've made my first networking contact in the International Development field...
In other news, I finished 7 Habits sitting in Boston waiting for my shuttle to DC. I started Friedman's new book, The World Is Flat, but I didn't get very far in it so far - I think I want a short break from serious reading.
Got into DC at around 9pm and took the Metro to the stop nearest our apartment/house where Sa'am was kindly waiting for me to help with bags. After some cursory e-mail checking and such using Sa'am's computer (since I didn't have the wireless configured on mine), I collapsed on the couch for a much desired rest.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home