Thursday, May 26, 2005

Cawdor "Castle" and Gardens...

Replying to comments (or rather to Chris):
Yes, Chris, sadly I'm using Livejournal. It's not so bad and it has the added bonus of actually logging out properly unlike that other blog which just allowed anyone to use my admin stuff after I did and didn't clear cookies properly...so yah...I'm open to alternative suggetions if people have them...this was simplier than trying to debug the old system from a pay-for-surf station, however I'm not wedded to it by any means...

Anyhow, onward to postland:

We went to Cawdor Castle today. I had been the one pushing for us to go there for no intellible reason that I could recall I thought it would be good...anyhow, I got a "gold star" for my choice. I never actually made it into the castle (in which the duchess of Cawdor still lives), but I did wander about the gardens for a long time. There were three: a "flower" garden, a "wild" garden, and a maze garden. All were reasonably nice, but the wild garden was spectacular. It was like wandering through a forest except there was more variety in the flora and fauna than you would find in a natural forest - there were even bamboo shoots for pete's sake. Anyhow, we all had a nice time and I'd definitely like to go back there and wander around the nature trails if I'm ever this way again.

Indian food for lunch and a brief trip to the Inverness Museum and Art Gallery concluded the day...The exhibits were okay, especially for such a small museum, but nothing in particular to write home about.

The plan for the next few days is...
Tomorrow: a trip along the upper North East coast that will last basically from dawn until dusk.
Friday: travel back to Inverness where ideally I'll post something about the day before and wander around the capital a little while
Saturday: we're traveling to Ireland for a 4 day tour - no clue how feasible net access will be during this time, so there may be a lull in postings before we end our trip in Dublin...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home