Ted's Visit last weekend
So Ted did a cross-country trip from California to Wisconsin/Chicago to DC over the last few weeks to remind himself what freedom is like prior to his entering the workforce tomorrow morning and last Friday - Tuesday was his time in DC.
I've got a slew of pics from his visit over on flickr, but I've spent the past several hours looking over photos and updating this blog thing, so I think I'm keeping the entry itself short and sweet.
Places we went (in no particular order):
International Spy Museum - Very cool, but I'm slow, so I need to go back
American History Museum - I'm addicted to presidential history and yet don't really care about the technology side...is that bad for an engineering major?
National Air and Space Museum - Very cool (and incredibly informative) tour. Our brains were able to explode by the end of it
Bureau of Printing and Engraving - where else can you find out how much you're worth and see one million dollars only inches from your face? - incidently I'm worth between 1.6 and 1.7 million.
National Holocaust Memorial - It destroys you. And we didn't even end up doing the main permanent exhibit, just the temporary and small-scale stuff. Nonetheless I want to go before I leave at the end of the summer.
National Zoo - Sarah is/was totally addicted to Cheetah Cam, Naked Mole Rat Cam, and, of course, Panda Cam. Cheetah cubs are cute. Newborn baby pandas are not. And adult pandas ARE HUGE - "giant" even)!
Iwa Jima Monument (and all the Washington Mall Monuments) - FDR Monument is reasonably good at night when the lights are actually on:

One of Ha's friends, Ann, was around on Friday night before she headed off to NYC in the morning. Here's a charming pic of Ted and her:

Oh and for the record...Sooooo cute:

Does it look like he's going to maul anything that falls in to you?
I've got a slew of pics from his visit over on flickr, but I've spent the past several hours looking over photos and updating this blog thing, so I think I'm keeping the entry itself short and sweet.
Places we went (in no particular order):
International Spy Museum - Very cool, but I'm slow, so I need to go back
American History Museum - I'm addicted to presidential history and yet don't really care about the technology side...is that bad for an engineering major?
National Air and Space Museum - Very cool (and incredibly informative) tour. Our brains were able to explode by the end of it
Bureau of Printing and Engraving - where else can you find out how much you're worth and see one million dollars only inches from your face? - incidently I'm worth between 1.6 and 1.7 million.
National Holocaust Memorial - It destroys you. And we didn't even end up doing the main permanent exhibit, just the temporary and small-scale stuff. Nonetheless I want to go before I leave at the end of the summer.
National Zoo - Sarah is/was totally addicted to Cheetah Cam, Naked Mole Rat Cam, and, of course, Panda Cam. Cheetah cubs are cute. Newborn baby pandas are not. And adult pandas ARE HUGE - "giant" even)!
Iwa Jima Monument (and all the Washington Mall Monuments) - FDR Monument is reasonably good at night when the lights are actually on:

One of Ha's friends, Ann, was around on Friday night before she headed off to NYC in the morning. Here's a charming pic of Ted and her:

Oh and for the record...Sooooo cute:

Does it look like he's going to maul anything that falls in to you?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home