Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Indian personal e-mail and office A/C woes

First, I think it's interesting that everyone in the office seems to always have a gmail window open. Makes me wonder if Yahoo, MSN, or anyone had any market penetration before gmail became a huge fad.

So this is the 2nd day where the office A/C unit has decided to switch off for an extended period of time just for kicks...bit annoying. I can only assume that our intermittent power outages yesterday were a factor. Incidentally it's kinda cool that our office has a back-up generator onsite, but kinda lame that it needs one.

Also, let me know if you'd like me to buy you a 3G iphone here. Low low practice of ~$1,000. Kid you not. We only have 2.5G anyway, so it won't even be as good as it would be in the states.

Lastly gas prices. So I have a car and driver furnished by athena, but need to pay the gas bill. For your reference it costs roughly $50 to fill up the tank in an Indian car. So basically US prices. In a country where an average engineer/software developer makes the equivalent of $15,000 a year and many people make like $5000 or less, that seems like an incredibly unviable cost for fuel. I guess it's good that most people have bikes or public transit...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home