Thursday, October 16, 2008

Couple of thoughts...

Went out to a party at the Bike & Barrel (basically an expat bar with American music) tonight.  It began with free cocktails on the roof and ended around 12:30 at the Bike & Barrel bar downstairs.  My major learning of the evening?  That both 60+ year old Germans and late 20s Italians are immediately won over if , as an American, you say "I support Obama".  Whether they even remember McCain's name is seemingly irrelevant, they just know Obama must be better.  I'm trying to figure out whether I think that level of blind faith is a good thing or a bad thing - any opinions?

Also I remembered one of the random things I was going to mention last night.  So I have bottled Aquafina delivered to my apartment so I don't die from Indian water.  It's delivered in 25 liter bottles.  I strongly do NOT recommend trying to change the water bottles at 11pm on  a Tuesday night when you notice you've run out of water...you'll likely manage to both spill water and make a horrible mess while trying to manhandle a 25 L water bottle into place over a whimpy little plastic unit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home