Monday, March 06, 2006

What is my perfect world?

So I called up an old friend/boss Ed this afternoon to get his contact information for my job search and he asked what I wanted to do...My answer was, predictably, "save the world", his response was that had been his goal when he was my age and that I should try to think about what my perfect world would be...how do you move towards something if you don't know what it is. He also suggested that picking one track and attacking it is probably better than being fearfull of taking any step at all...

In other news, Gill (advisor) told me to drop Foundations of Computer Science (FOCS) today. Why? "Because you need interviews. You need a plan for post-graduation." FOCS is a reasonably interesting class, but is unlikely to help me in any of my post-Olin plans and is taking up a non-zero amount of my time these days...so I think he's right. Something's gotta go and this is the one that I'm most willing to lose.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

but you didn't answer the question...

what IS your perfect world?

Joles

Monday, March 06, 2006 7:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home