Monday, July 31, 2006

New Home

It's official. After my freaking out for a good week and a half during the search and then waiting another week+ to get the lease put together, Steve and I now have a place to leave on September 1st. Now we just need to find out if we can move in before we get kicked out of our current places on August 31st ;-). It's two bedrooms, 3 minutes from Davis Square (on the Red Line T for you non-Bostonians), reasonably large living room + marble countertops in the bathroom/kitchen...oh and there's a dishwasher and garbage disposal, A/C, and an outdoor patio area only for our apartment that will be perfect for BBQ and grilling. All-in-all, I'm pretty pleased with it, even if it is going to cost us a bloody fortune.

I saw Cars and Pirates 2 this weekend as well as getting some more solid wandering around Boston accomplished (I kinda know my way around the Common and related areas/T's now). I'd recommend both - quite amusing, but the ending on Pirates made me quite annoyed. I mean...there's cliffhangers and then there's just stopping mid-plot. But I digress.

Work is going well. I'm going to be doing some variation on training for probably another 2 months or so. I think I'm slowly getting a handle on what I'm actually supposed to be working on and I think it'll be pretty interesting.

Oh and I'm averaging an Olin Challenge (going somewhere and not running into an Oliner) failure every 5 or so days since I got back. I've run into Sam Freilich and Ginnee at the Davis T stop, David Soo also near Davis hangling out with his friends, Ransom & George at Fanuiel hall...and I think one more that I'm forgetting.

And lastly I'm watching Monk again! I caught the midnight new episode on Friday and downloaded the rest of Season 5 on iTunes. I'd forgotten how entertaining that show can be.

Tomorrow is a trip to IKEA (thanks to Emma) so I can see what sorts of things I might want to buy there for my bedroom.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kimble said...

Malm bed, malm bed!

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 7:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home