Power shortages...
What am I going to miss the most about leaving my charming hotel sometime this week? Well, I could say the onsite gym or pool...or the great waffles...or the company-covered dinners...or the massaging chair in my hotel room. But honestly I think I'll probably miss the guaranteed electricity more. Inside the city, Chennai has started doing ~2 hours/day rolling blackouts to conserve power. Suburbs lose it for closer to 4-5 hours/day. The apartment I'm moving into will have a generator that's good for a couple of hours, but I'll need to flip a switch to actually start using the power - a bit inconvenient.
Also, I really really really like fixed price stores. It's hard to barter when you don't know how much something should actually cost - Europe is much easier in this regard b/c I have a sense of how much is too much to pay for something. Ah well...I guess I've got lots of time to learn...
Also, I really really really like fixed price stores. It's hard to barter when you don't know how much something should actually cost - Europe is much easier in this regard b/c I have a sense of how much is too much to pay for something. Ah well...I guess I've got lots of time to learn...

1 Comments:
SO exciting, woohoo Will! Also, if everyone has generators (although of course not all are as rich as you Americans ;) then doesn't that defeat the purpose of generators? Especially because they're much less efficient?
I demand pictures!!
Post a Comment
<< Home