Thursday, October 16, 2008

Voting as an ex-pat

So I still haven't received my absentee ballot, so I took at advantage of the Democrats Abroad group's organizing powers to attend a Voting party tonight were I filled out a generic general election absentee ballot. Perhaps the saddest thing is that it's all write-in, but you can just fill in the Party instead of the name of the person - "For each office for which you vote, write in either acandidate's name or political party designation." (page 1). So I could have voted "Democratic Party" for President, Senate, and Congress. Let's hear it for slates of candidate systems...Definitely not a fan of that little permutation, though it certainly makes it easier to vote absentee - it's quite unsettling.

So http://www.electoral-vote.com/ has Obama up in the Electoral College 352 to 171.
Real Clear Politics has basically the same spread 364 to 174 if you don't allow toss-up states.

Does this mean a democratic landslide? Or does it mean that people are lying to pollsters because they don't want to admit they're racially biased against Obama?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home