Revelations (the first of ideally many
Frances and I went to a Yale School of Management Information Session tonight...I was not particularly impressed...there was an interesting lecture by one of their professors on macroeconomic issues, but the admission team did not create an even remotely compelling case for why I should attend Yale...it was a rather odd contrast to the degree of interest that I experienced with both Stanford and HBS.
To clarify, I'm stilling doing this sort of info session because it seems useful to be informed now about decisions I might make at a later date + I'm somewhat interested in the potential to apply for an MBA this year and then defer for 1-2 years...we'll see.
I had an interesting revelation regarding my AHS Capstone and my inability to focus on it today...I actually really don't find this sort of research that doesn't go anywhere to be that interesting. I'm researching for a paper nobody will read and that basically serves no pupose, thus I can't get engaged and have a hard time compelling myself to work on it...In depth research of individual topics like Nuclear Energy just aren't that interesting to me...current thoughts suggest this might have implications for my whole "policy analyst" thing...also talking to Frances today reminded me why I became interested in business in the first place - because I view government as incapable of solving problems and the nonprofit sector as too crushed by the need to secure funding and its limited resources to actually be vehicles for change; business really is the environment with the most potential to actually make an impact... or if not the most, then it's the least tapped at present and thus the largest area for potential growth... I lost sight of that opinion recently and I wonder if that was really a wise idea...
Time to try to write an AHS Capstone outline.
To clarify, I'm stilling doing this sort of info session because it seems useful to be informed now about decisions I might make at a later date + I'm somewhat interested in the potential to apply for an MBA this year and then defer for 1-2 years...we'll see.
I had an interesting revelation regarding my AHS Capstone and my inability to focus on it today...I actually really don't find this sort of research that doesn't go anywhere to be that interesting. I'm researching for a paper nobody will read and that basically serves no pupose, thus I can't get engaged and have a hard time compelling myself to work on it...In depth research of individual topics like Nuclear Energy just aren't that interesting to me...current thoughts suggest this might have implications for my whole "policy analyst" thing...also talking to Frances today reminded me why I became interested in business in the first place - because I view government as incapable of solving problems and the nonprofit sector as too crushed by the need to secure funding and its limited resources to actually be vehicles for change; business really is the environment with the most potential to actually make an impact... or if not the most, then it's the least tapped at present and thus the largest area for potential growth... I lost sight of that opinion recently and I wonder if that was really a wise idea...
Time to try to write an AHS Capstone outline.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home