Mmmm...Northwest Cherries...
So I went to the grocery store for the first time in about two weeks and as I was wandering through the produce aisle I saw them...lush red cherries theoretically from the glorious pacific northwest. It's possible they tasted good b/c I was really hungry, but damn did they taste good.
So my furniture shopping is now happening in earnest (ordered a new bed this afternoon). I've got two strong contenders for my dresser and am still looking around in earnest for a computer desk (any suggestions people? I've done the IKEA thing and only found one that might work)
I had dinner on Thursday with Dee and her husband (who introduced me to athena) - it was a fun time and nice to get an update on Olin even though most of the news didn't seem particularly heartening...
As I was waiting for a bus near Harvard today, I ran into Janet who was walking by on her way to lunch with Sutee at Koreana, so I ended up tagging along and got a great introduction to Korean food while also hearing about everything that Janet's up to.
Afterwards, I got to the mattress place and saved $30 since today is sales tax free weekend in massachusetts. Then read/listened to a bit of Peter and Wendy in the Common with Tori (we started it yesterday) - it's pretty good, makes me wish I'd read more of the classic children's stories when I was younger instead of jumping into Hardy Boys, then Aliens, then Star Wars as my main providers of books.
Otherwise, I've mostly been working doing the days and doing random other things during the evenings. Still haven't totally gotten that rhythm down and my gym attendance has been pretty poor so far. Ah well...I think I'm going to try going in earlier this week and seeing if I can manage things better that way.
The first of my current roommates, Lin, moved out this morning, so I think the house here is going to become more desolate as the month goes on...
Time to have a couple more cherries and head to bed.
So my furniture shopping is now happening in earnest (ordered a new bed this afternoon). I've got two strong contenders for my dresser and am still looking around in earnest for a computer desk (any suggestions people? I've done the IKEA thing and only found one that might work)
I had dinner on Thursday with Dee and her husband (who introduced me to athena) - it was a fun time and nice to get an update on Olin even though most of the news didn't seem particularly heartening...
As I was waiting for a bus near Harvard today, I ran into Janet who was walking by on her way to lunch with Sutee at Koreana, so I ended up tagging along and got a great introduction to Korean food while also hearing about everything that Janet's up to.
Afterwards, I got to the mattress place and saved $30 since today is sales tax free weekend in massachusetts. Then read/listened to a bit of Peter and Wendy in the Common with Tori (we started it yesterday) - it's pretty good, makes me wish I'd read more of the classic children's stories when I was younger instead of jumping into Hardy Boys, then Aliens, then Star Wars as my main providers of books.
Otherwise, I've mostly been working doing the days and doing random other things during the evenings. Still haven't totally gotten that rhythm down and my gym attendance has been pretty poor so far. Ah well...I think I'm going to try going in earlier this week and seeing if I can manage things better that way.
The first of my current roommates, Lin, moved out this morning, so I think the house here is going to become more desolate as the month goes on...
Time to have a couple more cherries and head to bed.

2 Comments:
They actually grow really good cherries on the east coast too, althought I think their season is past.
Don't know exactly what you're looking for in a computer desk, but I got the MIKAEL desk from IKEA and then got the ANEBODA drawers with three drawers (they don't seem to have them online). I left the legs off when assembling the drawers and they fit perfectly under the desk, and the finishes match, so it all looks like one piece of furniture.
Hey, if your friend is still looking for housing in DC (longer term, not for just a month), our house is going to have two openings starting in late September/start of October. We'll put them on Craigslist, but thought I'd let you know.
Found the drawers
Post a Comment
<< Home