Wednesday, January 10, 2007

So I won the department baking contest...

Thanks go to my cousin Jill for sending the recipe for her Cherry Chocolate cake to my mom more than three years ago. It was a big hit, however my "victory" was somewhat controversal because I technically had two entries (I'd made a Chocolate Fudge mix version and a Milk Chocolate mix version). The milk chocolate version was for Mikell's Ohio State football party last night, but the other food items were in higher demand ("buckeye" desserts are really good by the way), so the cake sat untouched and unloved...I decided to bring it into work today since I knew that someone at athena would be all too happy to consume it.

So I "won" with two entries causing a minor controversy and apparently a rematch sometime next month as a result of the controversy - anyone have any suggestions for a good dessert :-)? They also liked the cheesecake that I made for our holiday potluck. My prize was a ~2 foot high trophy with a chef on top that is now being displayed in the trophy case near the development area with a sticky-note on it that has my name...

It's eval time at athena, so I'm writing my "self-assessment" which is somewhat like pulling teeth - it doesn't help that I insist on being rather verbose, but it's a draining process. The self-assessment is basically a reflection of how I feel that I performed compared to three different groups of criteria: foundational skills that everyone in the company is evaled on, some skills that are specific to my level within the company, and my contribution to a set of business results. I've worked through the foundational set and have a rough roadmap for the rest and no meetings on my calendar tommorrow - so it's full-speed ahead to get this done by the time I leave tomorrow night.

I went home for Christmas/New Years and had a lot of fun, though I'm realizing more and more how much I miss having 2 months at home each year.

I saw Children of Men with Christie and Jon last Sunday - it's a good movie though a little long. I think we're going to try to see Happily N'ever After sometime this week. Good times.

I think I might attempt to start writing in this more frequently since it's always frustrating when I sit down and have so much to say that I don't really want to spend the time or even get started. We'll see how I do :-).

I hope that your New Years are all starting off bright...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home